A thorough examination on the state of the commercial vehicle market, highlighting risks and opportunities for manufacturers, sellers, suppliers and service providers
The commercial vehicle world faces constantly evolving conditions — from new government regulations to technology disruptors — and all players must stay on top of developments in all these areas to thrive, or even survive.
WardsAuto has produced the 2018 Commercial Vehicle Report to examine how each of these issues may impact the prospects for companies producing and selling CVs, parts and service providers, and anyone else whose fortunes are tied to the CV market.
The report addresses the key information needs for various roles, including:
- Manufacturing executives
- Logistics professionals
- Product planners
- Sales and marketing professionals
- Industry analysts
This report is available as a PDF document, downloadable immediately upon ordering. ORDER NOW.
- US CV POPULATION PROFILE
- Population by class
- Population by industry segments
- Population by region
- Population by average age
- US CV RETAIL SALES
- Sales data from past 10 years
- Factors driving sales cycles
- Changes in brand shares
- Changes in vehicle designs, types
- Quick look at Mexico and Canadian markets
- Major export markets for second life vehicles and impact of USD strength over time
- Export effects from more stringent regulatory demands in US and other markets
- CURRENT CV INDUSTRY ISSUES
- Other regulations
- Changes in operations, distribution patterns, end of big box retail and shift to home shopping
- Development of “final mile” infrastructure
- OEM ACTIVITY
- Change in procurement patterns
- OBS leasing vs ownership and growth of OEM financing business
- Disruptors such as electrification / autonomy leading to a flattening of the playing field and a possible reduction in barriers to entry
- Growth of parallel dealer infrastructure driven by fleet consolidation rendering OEM networks less vital
- FUTURE CHALLENGES
- Changes in vehicle designs, types, costs
- Maintenance and telematics — who will control?
- Autonomous CVs
- Freight and other economic industry drivers
- OE consolidation, vertical integration, 3rd party suppliers
- Alternative fuels, electrification, application-specific technology
- Big data and impact on logistics and distribution
Other Commercial Vehicle Reports Available
We offer several intelligence reports on topics vital to the commercial vehicle market.
Analysis of public and proprietary data sources to bring an objective perspective on the trucking industry’s safety performance.
A first-of-its-kind, comprehensive report on U.S. equipment by brand, age, vehicle size, industry and location.