What are the possible impacts of new tariffs or quotas? Get the new WardsAuto report, NAFTA and the U.S./Mexico Auto Trade: Past, Present & Future
Undoing NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement), the free-trade zone between Canada, Mexico and the U.S. created in 1993, was a centerpiece of Donald Trump’s “pro-America” campaign message.
Now, with the Trump administration’s announced intention to renegotiate NAFTA, and to potentially impose a 20% tariff on Mexican imports, the question of whether tariffs are practical or even legal, could soon be tested.
WardsAuto’s special report, NAFTA and the U.S./Mexico Auto Trade: Past, Present and Future, examines the effect NAFTA has had on the automotive industry in both countries and how changes to the agreement could impact the status quo.
- Analysis of U.S./Mexico automotive trade under NAFTA
- Market overviews
- Understanding Mexico as an export base for vehicles and parts
- Insights into the U.S. multi-billion-dollar automotive trade deficit with Mexico
- Details into OEM import/export activities
- How the threat of tariffs might impact investments in Mexico
- Mexican investment status report
- Whether tariffs can bring jobs back to the U.S.
- Impact on the components industry
- Can the administration impose tariffs unilaterally?
- WardsAuto Conclusions
- Key-data appendix
KEY ITEMS INCLUDE:
- Background of NAFTA
- Overall impact on Mexican economy
- Current political climate
- Production and sales data
- Import/Export data – cars, trucks, parts
- Employment data
- Manufacturing presence
- Assessment of NAFTA
- Plausible scenarios for NAFTA under the new U.S. presidential administration
More WardsAuto Intelligence:
This report is only one of the many areas of insight and intelligence offered by WardsAuto on the coming changes. We also offer forecasts of vehicle and powertrain production, competitive green powertrain strategy analysis, fuel economy indexes and much more.
For more information on these opportunities and package options, please contact Lisa Williamson at LWilliamson@WardsAuto.com or 248-799-2642 or to learn more, or click below to tell us about your unique information needs.